Thursday, March 3

Omg! 5-year-old Girl Blows Safety Pin Out of Her Nose After Being Mysteriously Sick for 6-Months (Photo)

Omg! 5-year-old Girl Blows Safety Pin Out of Her Nose After Being Mysteriously Sick for 6-Months (Photo)

Khloe Powell blew this pin out of her nose

A young girl who had suffered for several months from a strange illness, finally got relieved after she emitted a safety pin from her nose.

Khloe Russell,  a California 5-year-old, who suffered a mysterious runny nose for six months finally managed to blow out the cause: a 1.5-inch-long safety pin.

UPI reports that the girl's mother, Katelyn Powell said three different doctors determined her daughter said was suffering from sinus infections and prescribed antibiotics.

"About six months ago, her nose just started [running] out of this one side. Green, green, green constantly and it stunk," Powell told KABC-TV.

She said the antibiotics had no effect on Khloe's nose.

"We went home, did 10 days of medication, didn't work," Powell said. "We took her even to the dentist because we thought it was her teeth -- nothing."

The mother said the answer finally came last weekend when her brother, Khloe's uncle, had the girl blow her nose.

"My brother was like, 'Your nose, it's disgusting. Blow your nose, blow your nose.' And she blows it and out comes the safety pin," Powell said.

The pin, measuring about 1.5 inches long, was black and partially disintegrated.

"It was a huge object. It was bigger than her nose," Powell said. "We were horrified. I was like, 'Did you put this up there?' She did, but she forgot to tell me."

Powell said reports indicating her daughter got the pin stuck up her nose while building a castle were erroneous.

Speaking to UPI, Powell said: "She found a safety pin and being a kid wanted to stick it up there to see how far it would go and thought she dropped it not realizing it had lodged itself in her nose. We went to the same doctor and to urgent cares contracted through our doctors when there wasn't an available appointment. All the doctors looked up her nose but didn't see anything. My daughter didn't mention anything because she didn't realize it had gone into her nose,"

Powell also said that she's getting "some of the most horrendous hate mail in regards to my parenting skills. I hope people can understand that this can happen to their children and that it doesn't make their children stupid for doing it or not saying anything after."

No comments :

Trending News

Other News That You May Like