Male Enhancement Supplement

Wednesday, August 10

Rio Olympics: Mikel disappointed not to carry Nigerian flag

Rio Olympics: Mikel disappointed not to carry Nigerian flag

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi has said he was disappointed he could not carry the Nigerian flag at the Rio Olympics opening ceremony as the captain of the 85-man Nigerian contingent due to logistical problems.

Mikel revealed in a column he wrote for the Evening Standard: “Unfortunately, I didn’t end up carrying the Nigeria flag at the opening ceremony as expected.

“Our first two games were in Manaus and we arrived so late, we didn’t have the time to arrange for me to fly to Rio straight after the Japan match and then come back again to face Sweden.

“We decided it was going to be too much for me as it takes four hours each way.

“It was obviously disappointing.

“I watched some of the ceremony but then I got a bit too emotional and had to switch off because I knew I was supposed to be there.”

Female table tennis star Funke Oshinaike, who is attending her sixth Olympics, carried the Nigerian flag.

Mikel said after all the drama surrounding the Nigeria Olympic team, “winning the gold medal is the only thing on my mind”.

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like