Friday, August 28

Bukola Saraki's house on fire



An early morning fire incident occurred in the residence of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in the Maitama area of Abuja on Friday, but no casualty was recorded.


It was gathered that some residents of the sprawling edifice raised the alarm when they noticed a heavy smoke inside the gymnasium of the senate president.

A resident told newsmen that the attention of the officials of the fire service were drawn to the incident around 10:05am and that they quickly mobilised themselves there to put the fire under control.

Confirming the incident to reporters, the Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Yusuph Olaniyonu, said the incident was caused by an electric spark from one of the air conditioners in the gymnasium of his principal.

He explained that Saraki had been duly informed of the incident, adding that nobody was injured in the process.

No comments :

Trending News

Other News That You May Like