Male Enhancement Supplement

Thursday, October 22

“I did it because I didn’t have a choice” The story of a self-made woman

“I did it because i didn’t have a choice” The story of a self-made woman

They say the secret of men, or in this case a woman, is in their stories. Read Chinwe's story and see if you can share yours too…

I had thought that being a graduate would mean all my worries were over, but to my surprise it was as though jobs were running from me. Just when I was about to give up, an old friend recommended me for a job; to replace her colleague who was going on leave. I was hungry to make it, and determined to prove to people that I could be something after all. My employers saw it in me - the career drive that can send an innocent lady to do anything possible - and that’s how I felt.

Now it dawns on me that although I had risen in my career, I feel like I've fallen so low.
I didn’t have a choice- it was either that… or nothing. “You have to go the extra mile to get more out of life”, my boss used to tell me. Other times he would say “sacrifices are part of business… prove to me you are worthy of this promotion; that you can do anything, no matter what it takes, to get what you want.”

He never cared about the repercussions as he saw us as tools that can be sent out and used all because of an extra client in his pocket. I simply couldn’t see it, as I was blinded by pressure and the desire to prove myself.  Sometimes I would return home with tears in my eyes, unable to let people know what I went through to get to where I was. That’s how my life has been. I had to grow, I had to be relevant, I had to do it because I didn’t have a choice.”

That’s all she said before she was overcome with tears- you wouldn’t need a soothsayer to tell you sexual harassment is more prevalent than you can possibly imagine. Chinwe’s story echoes the experiences of several others who are taken advantage of at work just because they are women and are desperate.
This why the SBA Group is organising a conference titled Sexual Harassment in Sales; seeking to answer the question - “Is the Nigerian Business Environments Conducive for Nigerian Female Professionals? 

With renowned Keynote Speaker Foluke Daramola, who is a top filmmaker and activist and founder of 'Passion Against Rape in Africa' (PARA), a PAN World Global rape foundation aimed at fighting rape in Africa and Panellists carefully selected from the professional and business sectors, the conference would be one of it’s kind.

The conference is planned as a forum for discussions with professional women, providing them a platform to interact and share their experiences and survival tactics in a very demanding world. Another objective is to provide support for vulnerable female professionals. It would be an excellent networking opportunity for all delegates.

Participation fee is NGN10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira).

If you’re ready to join the cause, let’s hear your story and contribution… Don’t underestimate what it can do!

Venue:
Four Points Sheraton Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos

Date: 20th of November, 2015

For more info please Contact:
Segun Akande: 07036695005
Joseph Edgar 08051000195
Twitter: @Shconference
Facebook: Sexual Harassment Conference

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like