Male Enhancement Supplement

Tuesday, October 20

How my sister stopped School for me to graduate - OOU Best Graduating student

How my sister stopped School for me to graduate - OOU Best Graduating student

Best graduating student of the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, Damilola Ayorinde, recently had a chat with Punch Newspaper and she told quite an interesting and inspiring story!

With a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.80, Damilola ( Plant Science graduate) towered above her colleagues in all faculties and departments in the institution.  But the life story of the valedictorian is a different handle of narrative. Poverty, she claims, dealt a deadly blow on her.

Telling the story of her four-year sojourn in the university, she says her parents were so poor that she could not buy a single textbook throughout her higher education adventure.

She explains that to make up for this she got familiar with the Internet where she read relevant topics and printed out materials with money she could get from good-spirited people.

She adds, “It was by the grace of God that I was able to complete my study. My parents are so poor that I could not afford the luxury of buying a single textbook throughout my four-year study.

The valedictorian, whose father, Samuel Ayorinde, is a property agent, and mother, Elizabeth, a petty trader, received no fewer than eight awards. Sharing the secret of her success, the light-complexioned Damilola adds that she also relied on notes she could copy during lectures, as none of her well-to-do colleagues were willing to release their textbooks to her.

She explains, “None of my colleagues was ready to lend or give me their textbooks to read because they said I had none to give them in return, as in exchanging books. So, I had to carry my cross by going to the library, Internet and reading my notes.”  The intellectual damsel, who claims she had no time for boyfriend relationship, notes that she also likes reading alone.

She says, “I normally lock up myself in the room while reading. Though I have some distant relations staying with me, since they are younger, I made sure they never disturbed me.

“Again, I prefer to read early in the morning when the weather is still cool. I assimilate better under such a condition. I had no time for a boyfriend. I focused on my studies, knowing the kind of background I come from. I never gave room for any distraction.”

But she also faced psychological torture, especially as her young sister had to sacrifice her education for her sake.  Damilola, the first child among her three siblings, says her immediate younger sister, Tosin, had to discontinue her education in the same institution at 100 level for her to proceed with her study. She adds, “I’ve had to eat dry garri and groundnut when there was nothing to eat. Many times I trekked to school. Till now, my parent’s house is still not completed. My convocation suit is the first I bought in life. But in all, I have reasons to thank God.

“Our parents are so poor that two of us could not afford university education at the same time. In fact, my younger sister had to drop at 100 level in 2012 for me to continue with my own study.”

Talking about other things that prepared her for the excellent performance, she reveals that she is from an extended family, where the girl-child is not known to aspire to greater heights. However, she chose to be different.

Damilola’s father attests to this. He explains that his daughter has always been an achiever from her formative years.

“She was the head girl when she was in primary school, Mastok Nursery and Primary School, Orile Agege, Lagos; and the library prefect when she was at Iganmode Grammar School, Sango-Ota, Ogun State.

“She has always been a bookworm. Even when she was much younger, when others were watching television programmes, she would be busy with books. I am not surprised at this feat.”

Damilola, who wants to impact on youths, advises other undergraduates to focus seriously on their studies. She notes, “I look forward to becoming a graduate assistant until I secure admission to further my education. My vision in life is to occupy an enviable position in life where I will impact on as many lives as possible.

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like