Friday, April 7

Birthday Celebration Gone Wrong: Boy pours acid on his friend, thinking it was Izaal


Family of 14-year-old Victoria Emmanuel is battling to safe her skin after her friend bathed her with acid on her birthday.
The incident occurred on March 29, around the night market at Mafoluku, Oshodi area of Lagos State, when the victim’s friends were celebrating her new age. .
.
It was learnt that while her peers were pouring water on her body, one Moshood Yusuf, 13, entered a woman’s shop, brought out a bottle and emptied its content on Victoria. .
.
Yusuf, it was gathered, thought it was a liquid water disinfectant known as Izaal when he poured it on the girl. When newsmen visited the victim’s No. 1, Baba Elegbe Street, Mafoluku residence yesterday, Yusuf’s parents were there suing for peace. .
.
Victoria, who just returned from the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), where she was being treated, said she told Yusuf not to pour the content of the bottle on her since they did not know what was inside. .
.
Moshood’s mother, Mrs. Ganiyat Yusuf, insisted that the incident was a mistake, adding that her son would not hurt anyone intentionally. “It was just a mistake. In fact, Moshood also got burnt by the acid on his chest and leg. .
.
He didn’t know the content of the bottle and since they were jubilating, he poured it on her without knowing. It’s a regrettable mistake. But what we want is for peace to reign. We don’t want a situation where both families would start fighting over it or the two children becoming enemies.”

No comments :

Trending News

Other News That You May Like