Male Enhancement Supplement

Saturday, October 22

RMD: I hope ‘Oloibiri’ would shed light on our problems in Niger Delta

RMD: I hope ‘Oloibiri’ would shed light on our problems in Niger Delta

Richard Mofe-Damijo says ‘Oloibiri, a movie about militancy and the plight of residents of crude oil rich villages, was produced to shed light on the problems of the Niger Delta region.

The leading actor hopes that the meaning and message of the movie would not be lost on the watching audience and key stakeholders who can make real change.

In the movie, RMD played a role of Gunpowder, a militant who resorted to violence as a means of defending his people.

While speaking to TheCable Lifestyle at the premiere on Thursday at the Muson Centre, he said: “I just hope that this would spotlight our problems in the area and get a lot of people to the negotiating table.

“I didn’t consider my part in the movie evil, I considered him the modern day Robinhood.”

“I don’t know if the message will be passed. Our work is just to highlight what is needed to be highlighted and hopefully with the film, a lot of people will discuss it,” said the 55-year old Delta indigene.

A few weeks ago, the former commissioner of culture and tourism said he had to get emaciated to play the role of Gunpowder.

“I lost weight for the movie. At the time the movie was shot, I had to lose 20kg. Before we began to shoot the movie, I was weighing 120kg but by the time we were shooting the movie, I weighed about 98kg.”

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like