Male Enhancement Supplement

Thursday, March 3

Another Lawyer Transferred Money to High Court Justice Yunusa - EFCC Makes New Allegation

Another Lawyer Transferred Money to High Court Justice Yunusa - EFCC Makes New Allegation

The EFCC

As the trial of the embattled Judge of the Federal High Court, Mohammed Yunusa continues, the Economic and Financial Crimes has made a new allegation against him.

The EFCC yesterday alleged that a Lagos senior lawyer transferred N750,000 to Justice, Mohammed Yunusa.

According to The Guardian, the anti-graft agency also said another sum of N300,000 was transferred to the company account of another judge of the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt, Justice H.A Nganjiwa.

This latest revelations are contained in a counter affidavit in opposition to the further and better affidavit deposed to by a former employee of Rickey Tarfa and Co., Mohammed Awwal Yunusa.

The embattled Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Rickey Tarfa, had sought and obtained the leave of court to file the further evidence in the N2.5 billion fundamental rights enforcement suit he filed against the EFCC.

Countering the new evidence, an operative of the Commission, Moses Awolusi in an affidavit swore that new revelations have emerged about the alleged fraud of bribing judges through ‘a network of senior lawyers.’

He said: “Investigation has also shown that as part of this chain of fraud, Mr. Joseph Nwobike (SAN) also transferred the sum of N300,000 to Hon. Justice H.A Nganjiwa.

“That investigations further revealed that Hon. Justice M.N Yunusa as part of this scheme of fraud also received the sum of N750,000 from Mr. Joseph Nwobike SAN and Co.” he deposed.

But Nwobike in his statement to the anti-graft agency, which was also attached to the affidavit, explained that the money was not meant to bribe the judge. He said it was the judge who asked him for financial assistance in respect of his ill mother who was undergoing dialysis due to failing kidney.

The lawyer said: “Sometime ago, Justice Yunusa requested to see me. When I got there, he pleaded with me to assist him with some funds since his mother was under dialysis. He stated that her kidney had parked up and that he needs assistance to cure her. I felt sorry for him. I told him that I do not have funds, but that I will assist him when I get some money.

“I requested for his account details which he obliged me. When I got some money about two weeks after, I gave the money to him and he thanked me when he saw me along the corridor of the court of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi.”

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like