Male Enhancement Supplement

Saturday, February 20

NLC Chairman Escapes Assassination In Rivers

NLC Chairman Escapes Assassination In Rivers

Comrade Beatrice Itubo,

Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in Rivers State, Comrade Beatrice Itubo, escaped assassination in the early hours of Friday when a four-man gang invaded her residence at Rumuagholu community in Obio/Akpor local government area of the state.

Narrating her ordeal to newsmen in Port Harcourt, Itubo said the assassins however failed in their mission following the ability of she and her family members, to overpower one of the hoodlums while others fled.

She said, “About 3:00am this morning, I heard a very sharp sound and the dogs around the neighborhood were barking. So, I woke up my husband and told him about the noise, but he told me that it was not here. So, I sat on the bed and was not lying down again.

“Not just quite five minutes, my younger brother tapped on my door. I said what is it, he said Hi should open the door. So, I opened the door. As I opened, I saw a man with something covering his face, and with a gun. As he entered, he pushed my younger brother in. As soon as my brother entered, I just want to believe that the angel of the Lord used him to push the door; the door was locked and the other ones couldn’t gain access.

“As my brother was struggling with the door, he was holding the right hand of the man with the gun. He was calling me and I said, leave him, if it is money, we will look for money and give to him, but my brother said, they didn’t come for money, from down, they said we should take them to your room; they came to kill you. So, my husband and I rushed the door, holding it and hitting him until my brother was able to overpower him and the gun dropped from his hand.”

She said the arrested assassin has been handed over to the Special Area Division of the Rivers State Police Command, Rumuodomanya.

Meanwhile, the Trade Union Congress (TUC) in Rivers State, has condemned the assassination attempt on the life of chairman of NLC in the state, Comrade Beatrice Itubo.

Chairman of TUC in the state, Comrade Hyginus Chika Onuegbu, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt yesterday, called on security agencies to investigate the matter and ensure that the culprits are fished out and prosecuted.

The statement reads in part, “The Trade Union congress of Nigeria (TUC), Rivers state condemn in its entirety the assassination attempt on the life of Comrade Beatrice Itubo, Chairman of Nigeria labour Congress, Rivers State.

“We call on the Security agencies in the state to thoroughly investigate the matter and ensure that the culprits are fished out and prosecuted.”

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like