Male Enhancement Supplement

Saturday, February 6

I Don't Know Why I Came to Rule Now - President Buhari

I Don't Know Why I Came to Rule Now - President Buhari

Muhammadu Buhari

In a gathering in London, Buhari lamented on the falling oil price and corruption in the country which has marred his plans to create a cushioning effect for the hardship experienced in Nigeria.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said that with the quantum of problems his administration inherited, he sometimes wondered why he had to seek power at this time, according to the Punch.

Buhari spoke in London while addressing members of the Nigerian community in the United Kingdom.

A correspondent obtained a transcript of the President’s address to the gathering on Friday.

Buhari said he wondered why oil, which used to sell for over $140 per barrel, would reduce to $30 per barrel during his time as the President.

Notwithstanding the problem, however, Buhari said he kept praying to God to be merciful to the over 170 million Nigerians who are exposed to poverty, illiteracy and other social ills.

He said, “With the problems we have in this government, I sometimes wonder. At least, this time around, I asked for it, I prayed for it, I went round the country and I asked for it. But the first time under the military, I allowed the military to take decision.

“But I say why me? Why is it that it is when they have spent all the money, when they made the country insecure that I returned?

“Why didn’t I come when the treasury was full? Oil price was over $140 per barrel and when I came, it slipped down to $30. Why me?

“I keep on praying to God to pity Nigeria and its over 170 million people who are exposed to climate change, illiteracy and poverty.”

The President, however, said his administration had succeeded in mopping up over N2.2trn as of January through the Treasury Single Account arrangement.

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like