Male Enhancement Supplement

Saturday, March 14

Belinda Effah Defends Her Hair And Dress To AMVCA: “Ladies Should Learn To Say No To Brazilian Hair”

 
Nollywood actress Belinda Effah is one person who got people talking at the 2015 AMVCAs. It was not just her outfit but also her unique choice of hair for the black tie event. In an exclusive interview with Kemisola Filani of Kemifilani.com however, she explains the reason for her daring looks.
 
According to her 'It was a well thought out plan. I am an African root, a proud Calabar girl who loves her culture, so i decided to flaunt and promote my pride. I grew up with my hair. When I was a little girl, my mother will thread my hair and when she finishes, she will nod her hair in satisfaction and say to me, you look beautiful. Ladies of today however focus more on Brazilian hair and it shouldn't be all about Brazilian, human hair or what have you, let's go back to our roots. There was a time these hairs didn't exist except our natural hair and we were surviving so it shouldn't always be all about these weavons and all. We need to start importing and selling our own culture out there.'
Do you agree with her view?
 
Speaking on the criticism and backlash she says 'The comments didn't move me, I am strong black African woman, it only opened my eyes to reality. A lot of people are living in denial, alot of Nigerians are so used to the western world and their lifestyle that they have forgotten their own cultural values. I have worn the western gowns and dresses to events too, i have them and they have gotten good reviews on red carpets but i want to start importing the African culture too and I am not going to stop. Let the westerners begin to appreciate our culture too.'

Photo Credit: Insigna Media

No comments :

Trending News

Nigeria News
Virility Ex Male Enhancement
Other News That You May Like